Here is a pineapple cake which is perfect when you have a craving for pineapple. Topped with additional pineapples and cherries, this cake is super moist, definitely sweet and has chunks of pineapples throughout the cake.
Dripping with pineapple syrup, which soaks into the cake, makes this one sweet tasting dessert.
Pineapples are one of those fruits I always have on hand just in case I get a pineapple craving. Usually our fresh pineapple gets cut up and put in the freezer for smooties if we cannot get to it before it ripens too much. This pineapple cake is made using canned pineapple slices but fresh is always better.
Make sure to reserve 1/2 cup of the pineapple juice. The juice will be used to make the pineapple syrup. Basically, make the cake batter and then add the pineapple pieces into the batter. Prior to adding the batter to the pan, take additional pineapple slices and cut each one into 4 pieces. What I did was place a cherry in the center of each space in the bottom of the bundt pan and then placed a section of pineapple on each side of the cherry. Then I added the cake batter over the pineapples and cherries and pop it in the oven. Once it’s done baking, the pineapple syrup will be poured over the top of the cake. Talk about scrumptious!
Try this pineapple cake today
Here are a few more delicious cake recipes you can find on the blog: Chocolate Lover’s Zucchini Cake, Banana Poke Cake, Cream Cheese Lemonade Poke Cake, or how about a delicious Creamy White Cake with Buttercream Frosting.
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- 4 slices pineapple, canned, cut into ½ in pieces, reserve juice
- Additional pineapple slices and cherries.
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease and lightly flour a 8 inch bundt pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar together, then add eggs and beat until well incorporated.
- Using another mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Next, add flour mixture to the wet ingredients, alternating with the milk. Mix until well blended.
- Cut pineapple slices into ½ inch pieces and gently fold into batter.
- Take additional pineapple slices and cut each into 4 pieces and lay in bottom of bundt pan along with the cherries (this step is totally optional).
- Pour cake batter over pineapples and cherries and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a small sauce pan, heat pineapple juice and sugar stirring constantly until boiling.
- Turn pineapple cake onto a cake plate and pour pineapple syrup over cake.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.