Peppermint Sour Cream Softies
This time of year is one of my family’s favorite seasons for baking, besides Fall. This recipe is one that we have made for many years, except for the addition of the peppermint candies. My boyfriend has been craving these cookies for a while now, so today I thought I’d surprise him with a nice, warm batch of one of his favorite cookies! These peppermint sour cream softies are just that, soft, minty and delicious!
I decided to add peppermint candies to make these a bit festive for the holiday season! Can you believe Christmas is in 2 weeks? It’s crazy how time flies! Seriously, I’m not even ready for Christmas yet! I’ve been working so much that it seems I have no time for anything! When I’m not working, I try to get some baking done which usually only happens on the weekend nowadays.
As I was making these cookies this morning, I kept thinking about my awesome friend, Candy! She loves anything made with peppermint! Hey Candy, this peppermint sour cream softies recipe is dedicated to you!!
As you can see, the peppermint candy sank into the cookie a bit more than I wanted it to. Regardless how they look, these peppermint sour cream softies are super good, especially right out of the oven!
- 3 cups all purpose flour, sifted
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs, range free
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Peppermint Snow Mints, from Hickory Farms®
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon together, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, corn starch, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture, alternating with sour cream. Mix until combined.
- Using a 1 inch cookie scoop, drop onto greased cookie sheets, 2" apart.
- Lightly sprinkle with sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Place 1 mint in the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 2 minutes.
- Place on wire rack to cool completely.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.