Peppermint Brownie Bites
Oh my gosh, these Peppermint Brownie Bites are amazing! I love peppermint and I love brownies, and putting the two together makes for one delicious treat! These are so tasty and will now be put on the list of holiday goodies that I make each year!
These are not difficult to make. Once you get ready to add the frosting, just take the back of your spoon and swirl the frosting around on top of the brownie to get a swirling design. Then you can add your peppermint pieces and your sprinkles. You could actually make these year round and just change up the sprinkles and decorations, and change the flavoring.
The white chocolate, along with the peppermint flavoring, is just the right amount of sweetness to top these little brownie bites. They are super good, super moist and very festive! So, plan on making these for your holidays and you will get rave reviews, I promise!
Try this delicious holiday recipe today
- For the Brownie Bites
- 1⅓ C flour
- 1 C unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1½ C sugar
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- For the Frosting
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 4 ounces white chocolate, melted and cooled
- Peppermint candies, crushed
- Red sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Greased two cookie sheets.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix sugar, butter, honey, vanilla, and egg whites until combined. Add to flour mixture. With your hands, mix dough just until blended.
- With your lightly greased hands, roll dough into approximately 1 inch balls and place on greased cookie sheets. Flatten each brownie bite slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake just until brownies are slightly cracked, approximately 7-9 minutes. Cool on cooling rack.
- For the frosting, in a medium bowl, mix sugar and milk until combined. Mix in butter and peppermint extract. Once combined, add melted chocolate and mix until smooth.
- Add 1 teaspoon of frosting on top of each brownie.
- Garnish with crushed peppermint candies and red sprinkles.
Recipe from The Good Housekeeping Christmas Cookbook
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!