Blueberries are such a nutritious fruit! I, for one, absolutely LOVE blueberries! I seriously cannot get enough of them. These delicious little blueberries pack so much flavor and tastes great in whatever you are baking. Here is a delicious organic blueberry buckle that is made a bit on the healthier side.
Don’t you just love how the blueberries burst open and expose their delicious flavor? What an amazing fruit! Not only are they delicious, but they have great, healthy, nutritional value too! They are a great source of fiber and vitamin C, plus they have the highest antioxidants of any fruit.
This organic blueberry buckle surely will satisfy your sweet tooth. It’s so good. Now I have to admit, the topping was a bit too sweet so I decreased the amount of sugar added in the crumble. I tried this recipe from Laura over at The Green Forks and it was amazing! I made a few slight changes to the ingredients it fit into our dietary lifestyle and was very excited with the results!
- 1½ cup spelt flour
- ⅔ cup organic cane sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbs flax seed + 3 Tbs water
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups fresh organic blueberries
- ½ cup spelt flour
- ¼ cup organic cane sugar
- 2 Tbs coconut oil, melted
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease an 8 inch round baking pan or an 8 x 8 baking dish, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix flax seed and water, set aside. Stir occasionally while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk flax seed mixture, oil, milk, agave, lemon zest and vanilla until combined.
- Stir in wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fold in fresh blueberries and gently stir.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix on low speed, flour, sugar, oil and cinnamon until combined.
- Use clean hands and grab crumble mixture and clump together. Sprinkle clumps on top of cake,
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!