One Skillet Italian Sausage Scramble
Sunday mornings are usually the time we fix a huge breakfast, and I’m talking huge. This one skillet Italian sausage scramble is perfect on the weekends when there is more time to prepare a nice big breakfast verses those busy weekday mornings when a quick “grab and go” meal is needed.
Loaded with cheese, potatoes, onions, eggs, and of course Italian sausage, makes this one skillet Italian sausage scramble a delicious breakfast meal. Look are that cheese! One can never have too much cheese.
Start off by chopping the potatoes into small cubes and then crumbling up the sausage. Add some oil to the pan along with the sausage, potatoes, onions and seasoning, cook until the sausage is no longer pink, the potatoes are tender and the onions are translucent.
Once everything is cooked completely, add the eggs. You might need to drain a little grease off before adding the eggs. Once the eggs are added, cook until the eggs are done to your liking.
This makes a great hearty breakfast and the Italian sausage adds so much flavor. I made breakfast burritos the following morning with the leftovers and they were scrumptious.
Try this one skillet italian sausage scramble today
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 5 small potatoes, peeled and sliced into small thin cubes
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbs garlic salt
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 15 eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 cups colby jack cheese, grated
- Optional: sliced green onions for topping
- In a large frying pan, add oil and heat over medium heat (after potatoes are peeled).
- Peel and thinly slice potatoes into small thin cubes, add to pan.
- Remove sausage from casing and cut lengthwise, then cut into small pieces, add to pan.
- Sprinkle with pepper and garlic salt.
- Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally until potatoes are soft and sausage is thoroughly cooked.
- Add eggs and milk to a medium bowl, whisk until blended and add to sausage mixture.
- Stir to mix and then cook eggs until scrambled to desired consistently.
- Turn off heat, add cheese to melt.
- Top with sliced green onions and serve hot.
Here are a few pics that are perfect for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.