Mini Cheddar Cheese Balls
Want a super easy appetizer that everyone will love? Then these mini cheddar cheese balls are just what you need.
This is a great appetizer that’s a bit different from the norm. These are easier to serve up with everyone having their own mini cheddar cheese balls versus everyone reaching for the spreader at the same time with the larger cheese balls. Plus, they are so cute!
Setting each cheese ball on crackers makes less of a mess too. Your guests can pick up the cheese balls by the little wooden sticks and they will already have their cracker attached. Pretty cool, huh?
Each mini cheddar cheese ball is about 1 inch in diameter and is enough cheese for 3-4 crackers. What a great addition to the appetizer table.
When you’re ready to make these cute little balls of goodness, let the cream cheese sit out for a bit. Then add cream cheese, sharp cheddar spread and garlic salt, to a medium mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until well incorporated. After everything is mixed well, cover and put in the fridge so it sets up a bit. While the cheese mixture is chilling, chop walnuts and place in a shallow dish.
Next, take a spoonful of cheese mixture (make sure your hands are cold), and roll into a ball. Place each cheese ball into the walnuts and roll to coat. Place on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet. Once all the cheese is made into mini cheddar cheese balls, place the cookie sheet in the fridge to chill. Add wooden sticks to each cheese ball before serving. Serve cold.
Try these Mini Cheddar Cheese Balls today
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
- 2 5 oz jars of Kraft® Old English Spread (Sharp Cheddar)
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, cheese spread and garlic salt together on medium speed.
- Cover and place in refrigerator until cheese firms up a bit.
- With a cookie/melon baller, spoon cold cheese mix into balls and place in a oblong container with chopped walnuts.
- Use cold hands when rolling into balls, makes it easier to handle the cheese mixture.
- Roll each mini cheese ball in walnuts and place on wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Place cookie sheet in fridge to set.
- Serve with your favorite crackers and enjoy.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.