We are always trying to make some odd concoctions that will taste amazing that fits into our whole foods, plant-based lifestyle! These Mexican hash brown sliders are what we made for breakfast this morning and they are super delicious!
We always have homemade guacamole on hand. We are constantly making fresh guacamole every other day, so when we made our hash browns this morning, we added some pinto beans, along with some freshly made guacamole, and this is what our meal turned into, delicious Mexican hash brown sliders!
I made a batch of pinto beans the other day, and every time I make pinto beans, I’m always making them different. These beans have more of a tomato taste to them and were perfect for this recipe. I will put this pinto bean recipe on the blog soon. So until then, you can use a can of pinto beans or any pinto bean recipe for these sliders.
We make hash brown a couple times a month and they sure are filling. Try these Mexican hash brown sliders the next time you are thinking of making some homemade hash browns. You can even add some salsa to these sliders, which would also be delicious!
- 5 large russet potatoes, grated
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil, more as needed
- 1 - 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ - 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 can pinto beans
- Fresh spicy guacamole
- Garnish with finely chopped onions and cilantro
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Rinse and peel potatoes.
- Grate potatoes and set aside in a large bowl.
- Chop onions and bell pepper, add to potatoes and mix together.
- Form potatoes into patties and add to skillet.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt, pepper and cayenne pepper
- Brown, over medium heat, until each side is crispy.
- Place cooked hash browns on a plate covered with paper towels.
- Heat beans on stove.
- Layer hash browns, beans, guacamole, hash browns, guacamole, garnish with onions and cilantro.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!