Green Pepper Steak
When’s the last time you made yourself a delicious Green Pepper Steak meal? This is a very easy meal to make and one that is very tasty and definitely satisfying!
I have made this in a wok numerous times and it works great. This time I made it in a frying pan and it works just as good as in a wok! So if you do not have a wok, no worries, a large frying pan will work just fine.
Try this delicious recipe! With any leftovers (if there are any), you could put them in a tortilla and make a green pepper steak burrito! Yum!!
This is one tasty dish!
- 2 lbs round steak
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ¾ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ cup salad oil
- 1¼ cup green onion sliced thin
- 1¼ cup green peppers cut into small squares
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced thin
- 1½ tbsp cornstarch
- 1¾ cup water
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- With a sharp knife, trim fat from beef. Cut beef across grain into ⅛ inch thick strips.
- Combine soy sauce, garlic and ginger in a bowl and set aside.
- Add beef strips into soy sauce mixture and toss together.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or a wok. Once heated, add beef and toss over high heat until the meat is browned. Cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes over low heat.
- Prepare vegetables and then add to beef mixture once beef is tender, which will be about 30-40 minutes. Turn up heat to medium/high and toss until vegetables are tender but crisp, about 10-15 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and water together in a separate bowl and then add to pan. Stir and cook until liquid has thickened up.
- Add tomatoes and heat.
- This is great served over rice.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!