Soup is one of our favorites and having an easy chicken and noodle soup recipe on hand helps when needing to make soup at the request of a sick family member. My youngest was not feeling well and asked me to make her some chicken noodle soup. I’m so glad I had some noodles in the freezer so I could make her this delicious hearty soup.
Once she was able to eat she felt much better! My daughter claims that she will only eat chicken noodle soup when she is sick. Isn’t it funny how others relate food to different times in their lives? I do the same thing. Chicken noodle soup just goes well when you are not feeling good!
This is a simple recipe and does not take very long to make. You will definitely need a large pan. I always make more than enough because we love leftovers, and you will certainly have leftovers. Lots of noodles, veggies and chicken make this a delicious tasting soup! And… you don’t need to have a sick loved one to make this! ;)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked, shredded
- 6 carrots, peeled, sliced
- 4 celery stalks, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-32oz cartons chicken broth, I used low sodium
- 4 C water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 C milk
- 2-11oz pkgs home style wide egg noodles
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Remove frozen egg noodles from freezer and let thaw for approximately 30 minutes. Once defrosted, separate noodles, and cook following package directions.
- In a medium saucepan, boil chicken until done. Once cool enough to handle, shred chicken into bite size pieces, set aside.
- In a large dutch oven, add carrots, celery, onion, garlic, chicken broth and water.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once boiling, add chicken bouillon cubes, stir.
- Reduce heat, cook vegetables until done.
- Add milk and chicken to broth.
- Continue cooking for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add noodles, heat thoroughly and enjoy!
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!