Easy Blueberry Topping
Blueberries are definitely a favorite around here. Anything blueberry I’m absolutely in love with. This easy blueberry topping is just that, easy and delicious!
Don’t you just love fruit toppings on pancakes, waffles and mostly, cheesecakes? YUM! One of the posts I’m working on is lemon cheesecake squares, which will soon be posted, and is topped with this easy blueberry topping. So good.
Seriously, this bowl of easy blueberry topping almost didn’t make it to the lemon cheesecake squares it’s intended for. As this fruit topping was boiling, and as the blueberries were bursting and spewing their awesome flavor throughout the kitchen, the smell was absolutely delicious. I just wanted to eat this deliciousness, spoonful by spoonful, and not with a little spoon. I’m talking a tablespoon. ;)
If you are wanting a special treat for the morning pancakes or waffles, this topping is just what you need. And if you are wanting a topping for a delicious cheesecake, this is definitely what you need.
We hope you enjoy this deliciously tasty easy blueberry topping as much as we do. Enjoy!
Try this Easy Blueberry Topping today
- 3 cups blueberries, divided
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 7 Tbs water, divided
- 2 Tbs corn starch
- Heat a saucepan over low/medium heat.
- Stir 2 cups of blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, 3 tablespoons water into pan and bring to a boil.
- Let boil for 3-4 minutes, then add remaining 1 cup of blueberries. Stir.
- Mix 4 tablespoons water and corn starch together. Add to blueberries and stir.
- Continue cooking until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and either serve warm over pancakes, etc., or cool and use for toppings on cheesecakes, etc.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words. Also, make sure to link back to this post for the original recipe.