If you are anything like me, when going to a party or reception, the appetizers are the first thing that gets my attention. Having a great variety of appetizers and hors d’oeuvres to choose from is ideal. These little Crunchy Ham Balls are so good! This is a great appetizer to make when you are going to entertain or just want a delicious snack. These balls are a hit with everyone! The crunchy coating just tops off these delicious bites that are full of potatoes, ham, and cheese.
This is an easy appetizer to make and will disappear off your table before you know it. This is also a very versatile recipe where the ingredients can be changed up a bit to your family’s favorites. These are best served hot.
- 2 C mashed potatoes, very stiff
- 2 C fully cooked ham, finely chopped
- ½ C Swiss cheese, shredded
- ½ C cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ C mayonnaise
- ¼ C minced onions
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 C corn flakes, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg. Combine remaining ingredients, except for corn flakes. Chill.
- Once chilled, shape into 1 inch balls. Roll balls in crushed corn flakes.
- Place on greased baking sheet. Cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!