Crock Pot Spicy Chicken with Beans
Crock pot cooking is the best! Here’s a crock pot spicy chicken with beans that is definitely on the spicy side and loaded with delicious flavor.
The flavor of the chicken tastes great and the spiciness gives this meal an extra kick.
It’s so simple to throw a meal together using a crock pot. No fuss, just put your ingredients in and forget it. Who doesn’t love this way of cooking?
So grab some chicken breasts, an onion, a couple cans of pinto beans with jalapeños, and the rest of the ingredients and you too can be enjoying this crock pot meal.
Spicy, oh yes, it’s spicy. Just add diced green chilies in place of the canned jalapeños to lower the “heat” if you do not care much for spicy food. Any of these meals that I make that call for jalapeños, just switch out for diced green chilies or eliminate all together. The recipes will still taste amazing without the spiciness.
I made some spicy salsa verde rice, to go along with this crock pot spicy chicken with beans, which I will post shortly. And, I also made some spicy chicken and rice burritos with the remaining leftovers. With this recipe you can get a few different meals. I love getting 2 or 3 meals out of one. SO GOOD!
Try this crock pot spicy chicken with beans today!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 15 oz cans pinto beans with jalapeños
- 1 envelope Lipton® onion soup mix
- 4 oz can diced jalapeños
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp slap ya mama® seasoning (can buy at Walmart®)
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- In a 6 quart crock pot, add onions, then chicken breasts.
- Add the remaining ingredients with seasonings, salt and pepper first, then onion soup mix, beans, jalapeños, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce.
- Cover and cook on high for 8 hours or on low for 12 hours.
- Serve with my spicy salsa verde rice (which I'll post later) or Spanish rice.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright ©Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.