Crock Pot Green Chile Enchilada Chicken Flautas
Here are some delicious crock pot green chile enchilada chicken flautas that tastes amazing! As promised in my last post, this is one of the meals I made with the crock pot green chile enchilada chicken. I call them crock pot green chile enchilada chicken flautas because you use the crock pot to make the chicken needed for this recipe! These flautas will definitely make a great meal that everyone is sure to love! These are filled with the green chile enchilada chicken mixture, sour cream, cheese and topped with guacamole, additional sour cream and green onions! Delicious!
My brother, sister-in-law and my mom came over to “sample” my food, as my brother calls it, and I had to reheat the flautas for them, which they loved. They tasted great the second time around too, so even if you have left overs, all the better!
The picture above shows the flautas before going in the oven. The one below is after they were done cooking! These are not hard to make and everyone just loves them!
If you like your flautas crunchier, just leave them in the oven a while longer. I use the raw tortillas when I make burritos or anything using tortillas. They roll up so well and taste 100 times better than the already made tortillas from the grocery store. Now if you cannot find the raw tortillas, any will do, but they might not roll up as well.
Just look at that cheese popping out along with the chicken! Yum!! There’s nothing better than homemade food! Food always tastes better made in your own kitchen, or the kitchen of a friend! :)
These are best served right away but, like I mentioned above, they also are good heated up later. Still tastes great, so even if you have left overs, they will still taste delicious even if you are craving more flautas later in the evening or the next day for lunch! They just won’t be as crunchy!
Try making some of these tasty chicken flautas! Just start out by making the chicken in the crock pot first and you will have yourself a wonderful meal.
Serve these chicken flautas with some beans and rice for a complete meal!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 28 oz can green enchilada sauce
- 1 10 oz can Rotel®
- 1 4 oz can diced green chiles
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- 2-3 cups pepper jack cheese, grated (any cheese will work)
- ½ - ¾ cup sour cream
- 18-25 raw tortillas (I buy mine from Costco® in the refrigerated section)
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Garnish with guacamole, additional sour cream and sliced green onions, optional
- Turn crock pot on high.
- Add chicken, onions and season with garlic salt, salt and pepper.
- Pour enchilada sauce, Rotel® and diced green chiles over chicken.
- Cover and cook on high for 6-8 hours, or low 8-10 hours, or until chicken falls apart easily.
- Remove chicken from crock pot and put in a large bowl or plate.
- Shred chicken with a fork.
- In a large frying pan, over medium heat, cook one tortilla at a time until cooked to desired likeness.
- Spoon a little sour cream in center of tortilla that has just been cooked. Spread across the tortilla lengthwise.
- Add shredded chicken, lengthwise as well, and top with cheese.
- Roll each flauta up tight and place seam side down on a baking sheet sprayed with non stick spray or lined with foil.
- Continue cooking tortillas and rolling up flautas until all tortillas are used. You will have left over chicken mixture to use for another meal.
- Once all flautas are made, place in oven at 400° and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly browned and crispy.
- Remove from oven. Garnish with guacamole, sour cream and green onion. Enjoy!
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!