Crock Pot Chuck Roast with Mashed Potatoes
This crock pot chuck roast with mashed potatoes is the perfect comfort food that is both filling and definitely satisfying. Everyone will love this roast and be coming back for seconds.
The flavor of this roast tastes so good and on top of these creamy mashed potatoes makes for one great meal! With each bite the savory flavor and the tenderness of the chuck roast just melt in your mouth.
With summer in full swing, using the crock pot is perfect when using the oven is just not an option in this heat! Even using the crock pot for the mashed potatoes would work too.
I could eat mashed potatoes everyday. Having a delicious crock pot chuck roast to go over the top makes these potatoes taste even better.
Have you pulled out your crock pot this summer yet? If not, it’s the perfect time to use it for this delicious crock pot chuck roast with mashed potatoes. Start out with adding chopped onions to the bottom of the crock pot and then add the chuck roast. Next, add garlic and sprinkle salt, pepper, and dry onion soup mix on meat. Lastly, pour salsa and soup over the meat, cover and cook until the meat is tender and falls from the fork. That’s it, so easy.
Try this crock pot chuck roast with mashed potatoes
- 4 lbs chuck roast
- 1 large onion
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 28 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 packet Lipton® onion dry soup mix
- 1 7 oz can Herdez® Salsa Casera, Hot
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 large potatoes, peeled, cubed (Costco® size taters)
- ½ stick of butter
- ½ - ¾ cup evaporated milk
- 4 oz cream cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn crock pot to high and place chopped onions on bottom of crock pot.
- Place chuck roast on top of onions.
- Sprinkle garlic, salt and pepper, dry onion soup mix on top of meat.
- Pour salsa and soup over meat.
- Cover and let cook 6-8 hours on high, 10-12 hours on low.
- In a large sauce pan, add potatoes, cover with water.
- Cook potatoes until soft.
- Drain water and put potatoes back in pan.
- Add butter, evaporated milk, and cream cheese.
- Mash potatoes to desired creaminess.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words. Also, make sure to link back to this post for the original recipe.