Cream Cheese Lemonade Poke Cake
This cream cheese lemonade poke cake is super refreshing, tastes amazing and is perfect on a hot summer day. The lemon cake is so moist, then topped with the delicious cream cheese lemonade pie mixture, and next, cool whip topping, and finished off with sliced lemon slices. Makes for one DELICIOUS dessert.
My cream cheese lemonade pie has been such a hit, and is the most popular recipe on the blog, so I decided to make this fabulous cream cheese lemonade poke cake using the same pie filling in that delicious dessert. AMAZING!
So basically, just get a lemon cake mix and prepare it as directed. Let it cool and then poke holes all over the top of the cake. Make the cream cheese lemonade pie mixture and spread all over the top. Try to get some down into the holes. Cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge for 4+ hours or overnight. After the pie mixture has set up, top with cool whip, garnish with sliced lemon slices and serve chilled.
A great cake to serve this 4th of July! Super tart, super refreshing and everyone will LOVE it! I promise!
If you want to get real creative, make a homemade lemon cake. I have one here that I made a while back that is so good that will work wonderful with this recipe. Just cut the ingredients in half and it will make a 13 x 9 cake.
I wanted something fast and simple, that tasted great, and had the tartness of lemon to enhance this dessert even more. Welcome the addition of the cream cheese lemonade pie mixture. I was super excited thinking of making this dessert knowing how delicious the pie is and knowing how delicious a lemon cake is, and then to combine the two. HEAVEN!
So many others have been able to enjoy the deliciously tart pie and now can enjoy this delicious cream cheese lemonade poke cake too! I’m so fortunate to have received that pie recipe from my friend Dawn. She has some great recipes and some I haven’t even made yet but I will. Stay tuned.
Try this Cream Cheese Lemonade Poke Cake today
- 1 lemon supreme cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 3.4 oz box instant lemon pudding
- 1 5 oz can evaporated milk
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese
- ¾ cup frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 8 oz container cool whip
- 2 lemons for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 13 x 9 glass baking dish. Set aside.
- Mix cake mix according to package directions and bake for 23 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Once the cake has cooled, make multiple holes with the bottom of a wooden spoon over the entire surface of the cake.
- For the pudding mixture, mix pudding and evaporated milk for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese for 3 minutes on medium speed.
- Add lemonade concentrate and continue mixing until well incorporated.
- Spoon pudding mixture into cream cheese mixture and mix until well blended.
- Pour over cool cake, spread with spatula.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4+ hours or overnight.
- Top with cool whip, garnish with lemon slices.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.