Chicken Cordon Bleu Grilled Cheese
Chicken cordon bleu made into a grilled cheese sandwich? Yep, and you talk about delicious, this chicken cordon bleu grilled cheese is absolutely delicious! I know it sounds crazy, but trust me on this one, this is seriously one of the best grilled cheese sandwiches I’ve ever eaten! Such a great comfort food.
When I made my chicken cordon bleu bites, I knew then that we were going to have to make this delicious tasting grilled cheese. This is so yummy! There’s just something about the combination of these ingredients, along with the dipping sauce, that makes this irresistible!
The crunchiness of the chicken, along with the crispiness of the bread make this one tasty grilled cheese sandwich! It’s also so filling and totally such a satisfying meal.
To make this, pound your chicken with a meat mallot to the desired thickness. You can also cut your chicken breasts in half lengthwise (great idea from my boss Corrie) so they are not too thick. Then just continue with the directions in the recipe below.
Even though you are using 4 pieces of Swiss cheese on each sandwich, adding another couple slices will just make it that much more cheesier! Yum!
Let me know how this turned out for you! Grilled cheese doesn’t just contain cheese anymore! Skies the limit with the different types of grilled cheese sandwiches that you can make!
This is amazing, try it today!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast, flattened
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1- 2 cups Panko® bread crumbs
- Salt, Pepper and Slap Ya Mama® seasoning to taste
- 6 pieces Texas style bread, buttered on one side of each piece
- 6 pieces cooked ham, sliced
- 12 pieces Swiss cheese, sliced
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup Just Mayo®
- 1 Tbs mustard
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Pound boneless skinless chicken breast with a meat mallet to desired thickness.
- Dip each chicken breast into milk.
- Add flour to large baggie and add chicken, one breast at a a time, to coat.
- Remove from baggie and dip into milk again.
- Next, press into Panko® bread crumbs to coat.
- Add chicken to hot skillet.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and seasoning.
- Cook approximately 8-9 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Once cooked, remove and place on plate lined with paper towels.
- In a deep skillet, with a lid, heat over low heat.
- Add bread, buttered side down.
- Top each piece of bread with 1 slice of Swiss cheese, 1 slice of ham, then another slice of Swiss cheese.
- Add a piece of chicken on top of the Swiss cheese.
- Top chicken with another slice of Swiss cheese, 1 slice of ham, then 1 more slice of Swiss cheese.
- Place bread on top, buttered side up.
- Cover with lid to help melt cheese.
- Cook until golden brown on each side.
- Mix mayonnaise and mustard together (this is great for dipping your sandwich into).