Cheesy Breakfast Potatoes with Crispy Bacon
Weekends are always good when starting the day with some cheesy breakfast potatoes with crispy bacon. Such a great comfort food and especially on cold, rainy mornings like we are having right now. These potatoes are loaded with cheese and one of the most amazing foods, apple wood bacon.
When you make these cheesy breakfast potatoes with crispy bacon, any cheese will work. Our usual is putting spicy cheese on everything but today we decided on some good ol’ cheddar cheese which always tastes amazing with bacon, especially apple wood bacon.
These cheesy breakfast potatoes with crispy bacon are great served with fried eggs, and biscuits and gravy. If you make gravy, smother these potatoes with it. You will definitely be eating comfort food at it finest.
We like to cut our potatoes super small. One main reason is that when the potatoes are cut small, they cook faster and are on your table a lot faster. And when you have starving family members waiting on these delicious potatoes, faster is always a good thing.
Look at all that cheese and all that bacon. I listed the ingredients as such, but feel free to add more or less cheese or bacon. Also, topping these cheesy breakfast potatoes with sour cream, even adding cilantro, salsa and some sliced green onions is always a welcome addition at our house and definitely change things up a bit.
Try this recipe today
- 4 potatoes, peeled, diced into small pieces
- ½ cup green bell pepper, diced small
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 Tbs vegetable oil (might need more)
- 1 tsp salt, more or less to taste
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1-2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 8-10 pieces of apple wood bacon, crumbled into small pieces
- Optional, sour cream for topping
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add potatoes. Cook until potatoes just start to brown.
- Stir in onions, bell pepper and garlic.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cook until onions are translucent and potatoes are brown and crispy.
- In the meantime while the potatoes are cooking, cook bacon to desired crispiness.
- When cooked, place bacon on a plate lined with paper towels. Once cooled, crumble bacon. Set aside.
- When potatoes are finished cooking, turn off heat and sprinkle grated cheese over the top of the potatoes while they are still in the pan.
- Add bacon crumbles.
- Spoon onto plate and add sour cream.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words. Also, make sure to link back to this post for the original recipe.