Blackberry Walnut Crisp
This blackberry walnut crisp is super easy to make and is the prefect dessert for this time of year! I make quite a few different fruit crisps, and because they are all different and very much the same, here’s another delicious crisp for you to enjoy!
My thoughts are… the more berries the better! So, load up your crisp with tons of fruit! Even though sometimes there might be more juice than normal, who cares? The juice from exploding blackberries tastes amazing!
I made this for the girls at work a while back and it was a hit! They all enjoyed this blackberry walnut crisp a lot. I had also made a blackberry cobbler for my friend Lori, a co-worker, and used a recipe off the Internet, instead of my own because it was “award winning,” ahhh, NO! So, I’ll stick to my own recipes or ones I have tried and are definitely keepers before I promise to make someone something! ;)
Anyhoo, I hope you enjoy this delicious blackberry walnut crisp! If you are not a walnut fan, just omit the walnuts. If you are a pecan fan, go ahead and add those in instead! Or even make it without any nuts. All three ways are delicious!
Doesn’t this just look delicious? I’m just saying, this is super delicious! Yum, yum, yum!
So the next time you want a delicious tasting fruit crisp, give this blackberry walnut crisp a try!
- 6 cups blackberries
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ stick butter
- 2 cups flour (unsifted)
- 1 cup brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- Preheat oven to 400°
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour and brown sugar.
- Add 1 cup of butter and mix on low speed until crumbly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk sugar, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon together and set aside.
- Rinse blackberries and add to another medium bowl. Add lemon juice. Toss to coat. Stir in walnuts.
- Mix in sugar mixture and stir until blackberries and walnuts are coated well.
- Pour fruit mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Add the remaining ¼ cup butter (sliced) and just place on top of the fruit mixture randomly.
- Add the flour mixture on top of fruit and spread evenly.
- Bake uncovered at 400° for 40 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!