When I make beans, I make a lot! I recently made a big pot of black beans, and then made a bunch of meals with those beans, and these black bean tostadas are one those meals. These are delicious! The thing I like the most about making a lot of beans is that you can freeze them and pull them out when needed. When I make beans, I make a couple different kinds at once so all the beans can be done the same day.
These are just so tasty! You can mash your beans, or just leave them whole like I did and pile up all the ingredients on top of the beans and enjoy! These tostadas are crunchy, flavorful and healthy!
Once you cook your beans, just put the leftovers in quart size freezer bags, 2 cups of beans in each bag. Pop them in the freezer after they have cooled and pull them out when you are just craving a bowl of beans or use them in tacos, burritos, or any other meal for a quick and easy dinner.
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Place beans in saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, until hot. Keep covered on stove until tortillas are almost done.
- Spoon tomatoes, avocados, onions, cilantro, lettuce, jalapeños into individual serving bowls.
- Fill a small bowl with salsa and set aside with the other bowls.
- Line a baking sheet(s) with parchment paper.
- Place corn tortillas on baking sheet and place in oven.
- Bake tortillas for 15-17 minutes, or until crispy.
- Remove from baking sheet and place on serving plate.
- Build your tostadas your way and enjoy!
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!