Apple Pecan Cake with Caramel Glaze
This apple pecan cake with caramel glaze will get you in the mood for fall. The glaze on this cake oozes with caramel goodness. The scrumptious apple flavor, with delicious pecans mixed throughout, will definitely satisfy your taste buds!
There are lots of apple pieces and pecans throughout this cake. The moist texture and the flavor will have you baking this cake over and over for many years to come.
Fall is definitely one of my favorite seasons, not only for the fresh crisp air and the beautiful changing leaves, but for the delicious baked goodies that are baked with love for my family and friends. The smells that surround my kitchen, practically on a daily basis during this time of year, is one that I truly enjoy and one that definitely gets me in the mood for fall.
Give this delicious recipe a try the next time you are craving something sweet!
Try this delicious apple pecan cake with caramel glaze today
- 1½ cups of cooking oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsps vanilla
- 3½ cups Granny Smith apples (approximately 3-4 apples), peeled, chopped in small pieces
- 1 cup pecans, chopped small
- ¾ cups butter (1½ sticks)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325°
- In a large mixing bowl, add oil, sugar and eggs, mix until nice and creamy.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to large bowl. Mix well.
- Add vanilla, mix well.
- Stir in apples and pecans.
- Pour into generously greased and floured tube pan (you can use two loaf pans in place of a tube pan).
- Bake at 325° for approximately 1 hour. Check using a tooth pick at about 50 minutes, and if it comes out clean, then your cake is done. If using the loaf pans, make sure to check it at about 50 minutes as well.
- In a small pan, melt butter over low heat.
- Stir in brown sugar and milk.
- Bring to a boil over low heat, then reduce to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- Let boil for 10 minutes, continue stirring.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla. Stir. Let cool.
- Once caramel glaze has cooled a bit, pour over the top of cake.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.